1 kg Fish (Mackerel/King Fish/Pomfret)
12 Shallots (or 1 onion)
2 cup Coconut milk - 1/2 cup Thick Coconut Milk and 1 1/2 cup Thin Coconut Milk
2 Raw Green Mango (Cut into rectangles)
1 tbsp Ginger ( crushed)
1 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tbsp Coriander powder
1.5 tbsp Red chilly powder
2-3 Green Chillies
2 stalks Curry Leaves
2 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
1. Mix turmeric powder, red chilly powder and coriander powder in a bit of water to make a thick paste. Keep aside.
2.Heat oil and saute shallots (or onion) till golden brown. Add green chilly, curry leaves and crushed ginger. Saute till the raw smell of ginger fades.
3. Add in the paste prepared in step 1 and saute.
4. Add in the thin coconut milk along with the raw mango. Allow this to boil.
5. When the mixture begins to boil, add the fish in.
6. Once the fish gets cooked, switch to low flame and add in the thick coconut milk. Stir well and turn off the heat when tiny bubbles start forming on the edges. Serve hot!