Makes 12 muffins
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 egg lightly beaten
1 cup papaya puree
2 tblsp. butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla essesnce
1. Puree papaya in a blender and preheat oven to 325 F/160 C/gas mark 3.Line muffin tray with papaer cases.
2. Sift or combine together all the dry ingredients i.e. the first 6 ingrts. and mix grated coconut into this flour mixture.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients i.e. d last 4 ingdts.
4. Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture.
5. Stir until well combined. If you find it not coming together, you can add a splash of milk.
6. Pour scoops of batter into paper cases and bake at 325 F for about 25 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Take it out from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes. If you do not have papaya in season, you can also try this recipe for mango.
A healthy & yummy breakfast treat for your family!